Covid Safety Protocols
BLL COVID-19 Safety Protocols*
*(Subject to change as necessary).
Updated February 23, 2021
Daily Health Self Assessments REQUIRED
- Prior to every game or practice every parent is required to complete the self assessment questionnaire on teamsnap before their child arrives to the field.
- No player should attend practice or games if not feeling well or displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- All parents/guardians shall self assess their respective player(s) prior to bringing them to the field.
- If a player tests positive for Covid 19 or exposed to someone who is positive, BLL officials shall be notified in order to reduce further exposures. Please email complete this form to notify BLL officials and ensure your child does not join their team until the below protocols are followed.
- If a player has had a confirmed exposure to Covid 19 but has not tested positive, the player must immediately sit out at least 5 calendar days. After 5 calendar days one of the following must be true to return to play: 1) The player tests negative for Covid 19 after at least 5 calendar days of the exposure. 2) The player has been cleared by their physician to play; 3) The player has been cleared to return to in person school.
- If a player tests positive for Covid 19, the player will not be allowed to rejoin their team until at least one of the following is true: 1) The player tests negative for Covid 19 at least 10 calendar days after they originally tested positive. 2) The player has been cleared by their physician to play. 3) The player is allowed to return to in person school.
- To return to play after Covid 19 exposure or a positive test please complete this form
Masks/Face Coverings REQUIRED
- Masks/face coverings are REQUIRED for anyone while they are entering/exiting the BLL facilities.
- Parents and spectators are not required to wear masks while watching a game or practice if they are effectively socially distancing from others. They must have masks when entering or exiting or if within 6 feet of any non-family member.
- Parents/Spectators should not be sitting too close to each other in the stands/bleachers and if they are within 6 feet of non-family members should wear a face covering.
- Players are not required to wear a mask/face covering while practicing or competing in games on the field.
- Players will be required to wear a mask/face coverings in the dugouts, standing in line for batting cages, or other areas where they are in close contact with other players. Parents should purchase neck gaiters (preferably of their team colors) so players can have them around their neck at all times during games and practices so they can easily pull them over their face while in the dugouts.
- All adults, including coaches, shall wear masks/face coverings while on the fields.
Social Distancing - Spectators
- To minimize the number of people on or around the fields, parents/guardians should consider remaining in their vehicle during practice but are allowed to enter the fields during practice and observe.
- By exception, if a parent/guardian chooses to be closer to the practice, they shall observe the face covering rules, stay at least 6 feet from others, and observe only from outside the field.
- Any spectator who is considered ‘at-risk’ to COVID-19, should not attend any BLL practice or games.
- Upon entering and exiting the field, players and coaches shall sanitize their hands.
- Please utilize the sanitizing stations around the fields.
Equipment/Water Bottles/Personal Gear
- Water bottles should not be shared with other players.
- Balls – All balls will be provided by BLL. Teams should not share baseballs, each team will have their own baseballs as provided by BLL or the head coach.
- Bats/Gloves/Helmets/batting gloves should not be shared amounts players.
- Catchers gear is never to be shared, each player who wishes to play the catcher position must purchase their own gear or take the team assigned catchers gear a the first practice. Only one catchers gear set will be provided to each team and will only go to one player for the season as designated by the head coach. (Rookie,Texas, National and American Divisions)
- Extra contact should be avoided. Avoid handshakes, high-fives, hugs, etc.
- In lieu of traditional greetings or celebrations, clapping, ‘air’ high-fives and other respectful, non-contact gestures are acceptable.
- Individual pre-packaged snacks are allowed after games or practices. (updated 2/23)
- The concession stand may be open during the game provided city approval.
Bellaire Little League
P.O. Box 2016
Bellaire, Texas 77402