All fields closed today due to rain.
KEY SPRING DATES
REGISTRATION OPENS 11/20
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL UNTIL 12/15
$20.00 OFF PLAYER WITH REGISTRATION CODE "EARLYBIRD20"
Note: If you do not use code during registration, it will NOT be honored at a later date!
REGISTRATION CLOSES 1/13/18
LATE REGISTRATION ADD $50.00 PER PLAYER REGISTRATION
PLAYER EVALUATIONS 1/20-1/21
END OF JANUARY!
MIDDLE OF MAY
Bellaire Little League welcomes friend requests in T-Ball and Rookie Ball divisions, with specific restrictions, including:
1. Each child's registration may request only one friend on their team.
2. Friend requests must be reciprocal and reflect agreement by the parents of each child to take effect.
3. For registration entries already submitted with multiple friend requests, please submit an amended friend request to: email@example.com before December 31, 2017. In the absence of an amended friend request email, the BLL Registrar will select only one of the friend request at random and strike others.
4. For friend requests which are not reciprocal, Bellaire Little League cannot honor the request due to BLL Board rules.
5. If a friend request is received for a child who already has a completed reciprocal friend request, the parent will informed that the initial friend request is not available and be offered an opportunity to submit a second friend request.
6. Bellaire Little League will make every effort to honor friend requests, however cannot provide a guarantee that friend requests will happen every season. The team formation process is a joint effort of BLL Board, Team Managers, and Team Coaches, all of whom are volunteers. Teams are always comprised of children of different schools, ages and backgrounds, representative of our entire Bellaire community.
7. Friend requests are never allowed for competitively drafted divisions including Texas, Minors and Majors and will be DECLINED.
SPRING REGISTRATION FEES
TEE BALL (4-5 YEAR OLDS) - $260.00
ROOKIE (6 YEAR OLDS) - $260.00
TEXAS (7-8 YEAR OLDS) - $275.00
MINORS (9-10 YEAR OLDS) - $275.00
MAJORS (11-12 YEAR OLDS) - $295.00
NOTE: BASEBALL AGES ARE BASED ON THE 2018 LITTLE LEAGUE AGE CHART
SEE BELOW TO CHECK YOUR LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL AGE!
T-Ball & Rookie Leagues
2-3 Touches Per Week
Practices/Games - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday
Note: Games start 3rd week (20 min practice followed by game)
3 Touches Per Week
Practices - Monday-Thursdays
Games - Monday-Thursdays, Saturdays
3 Touches Per Week
Practices - Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday
Games - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
4 Touches Per Week
Practices - Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday
Games - Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday
ALL PRACTICE/GAME SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! PLEASE CHECK OFFICIAL SCHEDULE!
Bellaire Little League places each player in the division based upon their age (no forced play-downs). Play down choices are available! The League would like to work with each player to ensure they are placed in the correct division regardless of age, to ensure maximum player safety and development.
Please contact Registrar with any questions.
USA Baseball, the national governing body for the sport of baseball in the U.S., in conjunction with participating national member organizations has adopted a new method for measuring bat performance in the testing of youth bats. Informed by the research of leading scientists on the USA Baseball Bat Study Committee, and supported by its National Member Organizations, — including the American Amateur Baseball Congress (AABC), Babe Ruth Baseball/Cal Ripken Baseball, Dixie Youth Baseball & Dixie Boys Baseball, Little League Baseball and PONY Baseball — USA Baseball has concluded that recent advancements in science, engineering, technology, and the materials available to fabricate non-wood bats, now allow the manufacturers to construct youth bats that can perform at a wood-like level through the entire range of lengths and weights of youth bats.
The new USA Baseball bat standard (USABat), which applies to bats that are classified below the NCAA and NFHS level of play, will be implemented on January 1, 2018, allowing the bat manufacturers sufficient time to bring these bats to the marketplace.
Similar to the NCAA and NFHS BBCOR standard, which helped to eliminate discrepancies with different length bats and thus provide a more direct measure of bat performance, the USA Baseball bat standard will allow youth baseball organizations in the United States to reach their goal of establishing a wood-like standard, a standard that will provide for the long-term integrity of the game.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING YOUR HOME TEAM!
COACH BENNY'S 12TH ANNUAL
HOLIDAY BASEBALL CAMP
December 27th & 28th, 2017
Dear Players and Parents,
I am Benny Distefano, former Major League Baseball player with five years of MLB experience playing for the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Houston Astros. I have been a professional coach for twelve years: As a hitting coach, I am entering my seventh season and my fourth season as outfield coordinator with the New York Mets' organization. Prior to that, I was with the Detroit Tigers' organization for four years. I have been teaching baseball lessons to Houston area youth for 18 years and conducting skill camps for area Little Leagues and select teams.
My Holiday Baseball Camp is in its 12th season! This is a great opportunity for players from Little League through High School to work on their skills in preparation for spring baseball and softball tryouts. I limit the enrollment each year so that the low player/instructor ratio ensures quality instruction and attention to each camper.
• Hitting: Our goal is to build a solid foundation of good mechanics. We do this by evaluating each camper's swing, drill work, and teaching the mental aspects of hitting. We will also work on base running, including leads and slides.
• Fielding: We will teach the fundamentals of infield and outfield play. Same as in hitting, a solid foundation of good mechanics is important: proper foot work and throwing techniques, how to move to the ball, anticipating defensive situations.
• Pitching/Catching: In pitching, we will emphasize pitching form: proper grip, arm action and overall mechanics. In catching, we will teach the mechanics of receiving pitches, blocking, throwing and basic catching techniques.
Bayland Park Little League (M1) /Kyle Chapman COLT League Fields (M5) at Bayland Park
6400 Bissonnet (Near Hillcroft)
Houston, TX 77074
Dates & Times
• Wednesday: December 27 - 9AM to 2:15PM
• Thursday: December 28 - 9AM to 2:15PM
LUNCH! Will be provided both days (pepperoni pizza and drinks.)
On the last day of camp, the players will have the opportunity to demonstrate what they've learned in a scrimmage game that takes place at 1:30 PM. Parents are invited to come watch.
And last, but not least, the scrimmage game is followed by: The Famous "Coach Benny" White Elephant Gift Exchange...always a "hit" with the kids...Gifts are provided by Coach Benny, but the fun is had by all! Bring your cameras!
This year the free parent raffle gift will be a Hall of Famer Mike Piazza signed ball.
• 6 to 12 year olds will be on the smaller field (Bayland Park Little League – Reese Field M1.)
• 13 to 18 year olds will be on the large field. (Kyle Chapman Field M5.)
• We limit the number of players in the camp to 50.
• Separate stations for each activity, which allows time for developing the specific position.
• We will have at least 5 professional instructors, each of which is either a professional major league scout or a professional minor league coach for a major league organization.
Coaches for the Camp:
• Benny Distefano
• Ben Distefano – Drafted by NY Mets
• Kevin Ellis – Chicago Cubs Area Scout
• Trey Forkaway - Chicago Cubs Cross Checker
• Ray Corbett – New York Mets Area Scout
• Plus five additional professional coaches to assure that the players receive personal attention & quality instruction.
Cost: $200* (Includes - Coach Benny Gift Exchange)
Mail Registration check to : 9911 Murray Landing, Missouri City, Texas 77459 - Attention Benny Distefano Please get checks in to hold a registration spot. CHECKS WII NOT BE CASHED UNTIL THE CAMP IS FINISHED.
Registration and waiver forms are attached.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the RainedOut picture at the bottom right of this page to ensure you receive League field closure notices. Be sure you don't get caught out in the rain!
Bellaire Little League would like to thank all the volunteers who will serve on the 2016-17 BLL Board. See Board Page for list of individuals/roles and to contact.
All fields closed today due to rain.
FOR NOW - cages and outfields are open. Please use common sense and stay off wet areas!
Mother Nature is not cooperating!!! All fields are closed.
Fields closed. More rain in the forecast this week. Stay tuned for updated schedules.
Fields are closed due to rain. Cages are open. B/G games will be made up tomorrow night.